Thursday, August 25, 2011

New Home on Powers

On July 1 Moni, Mackenzie, Nicole and I moved in to our official New York apartment. Yes, we have had other apartments in the past, but this is the real deal! One year lease and all:) So, obviously we have A LOT to show you here at duet to it.
Last weekend we had an extremely successful housewarming party that forced us
to pull our apartment together quickly (the greatest motivator ever!). Now we are ready to take you on a tour of our new pad. One room per post:)

Low budget... that was the theme of my room. The jumping off point was finding two packing pallets on the side of the road when Andrew and I were walking back to the apartment. I was so excited to find inspiration, but Andrew knew what this "inspiration" meant...

a long walk home :/ Greatest boyfriend EVER!

The pallet went up over my bed as a headboard.
You'll see how we used the other one soon!

Next, I started painting a design on one of my walls. I love all of the new wallpapers out there, but I didn't want to do something that was going to be such a pain to put up and eventually remove. This is what I came up with.


(hanging lamp- Urban Outfitters)

I needed to do something with my not so cute chest of drawers. First, I painted it grey then added a splash of color.

A little reading nook.

And the extra stuff:)

The two paintings in my room are extremely special to me. The one with the footprint is a luo painting that my brother got for me(luo-setfree.org/). Visit their website to learn about their incredible cause.

The one above the green chair is by a dear family friend, Mike Ham. Visit his facebook page to see many more of his outstanding pieces.

That's my room!

-L


No comments:

Post a Comment